This document will walk you through the process of creating reports in Salesforce, which you can then import to LeadGenius for enrichment/data cleanup. You can create reports that contain only accounts, accounts and contacts, or leads.
To Create a Report in Salesforce
- Log into your Salesforce account.
- Go to the Reports tab.
- Click on Unfiled Public Reports, as shown below.
Creating your reports in Unfiled Public Reports makes them easier to find for other members of your team, and can help you keep track of reports that you have already imported to LeadGenius.
If for some reason you don't want to use the Unfiled Public Reports folder, this is fine. You can just go ahead and click the New Report button.
- Then, click on the New Report button.
- Choose Accounts from the list of reports that you can create (it's under Accounts & Contacts) and then click the Create button.
- You can also choose Contacts & Accounts or Leads from the report type options.
- On the next screen, you can select any fields that you want to add to your report. Drag the Account ID field into your report. This is also the time and place to add any filters that you may want to your report. For example, you might only want to create a report that includes accounts created within a certain date range, etc.
- For Contacts & Accounts reports, be sure to add both the Account ID and Contact ID fields to your report. For Leads reports, be sure to add the Lead ID field to the report.
Be sure to add any fields to your report that you want us to clean/update. You will be able to map these fields to LeadGenius data points when you create your Enrichment segment.
- Once you have added the ID fields and added any filters you may want, you can click on Run Report to run your report to check the output.
- After you have checked your report, Click Save As, and name your report, so you can find it again later.