Exclusion Lists and Data Sourcing Segments
For Data Sourcing (Net-New) segments, LeadGenius will not add any of the companies or contacts present on your exclusion list.
Exclusion Lists and Enrichment
When you submit your data to LeadGenius for enrichment, we will attempt to update all records provided by you, regardless of whether they appear on your CRM exclusion list.
If you have submitted a list of companies for enrichment via CSV, and you have an exclusion list for contacts, we will not add any contacts present to your exclusion list. We will add new contacts to your list of companies.
There are a few different ways to add an exclusions list to LeadGenius. There are also 3 different types of exclusions lists, which we will also cover here.
Types of Exclusion Lists
CRM exclusion is when you have connected your CRM (Salesforce, Outreach, or Hubspot) to LeadGenius. LeadGenius syncs your accounts, contacts, and leads. CRM exclusion automatically handles both company and contact exclusions.
Exclusion Lists and CRM
Once you have connected to your CRM, we sync your instance every 24 hours. You will have the option to use your entire CRM instance as an exclusion list or use specific reports, lists, or tags.
Accounts & Contacts
Whether you have chosen to sync your CRM instance or a specific report, tag, or list. The accounts and contacts will be added to an exclusion list by default. This means we will never find any contacts at these accounts. If you wish to find more information about accounts or contacts that are a part of your exclusion list, you would need to add them to an enrichment campaign and inform your account manager.
We will never provide the same lead again, however, we may add other leads from the same company. If you would like to exclude these companies, please follow the Company Exclusion option below.
Company exclusion is where you would provide a list of companies, via CSV and we will not add any of those companies, or any of their contacts, to your net-new segments. If you have added these companies to an enrichment campaign, we will enrich them and add new contacts.
Contact exclusion is where you would provide a list of leads via CSV. For data-sourcing campaigns, we may add companies from this type of list, but we will not add the contacts that you have specified. If you have added these companies to an enrichment segment, we will enrich them and add new contacts, but we will not add contacts that you've specified to exclude.
How do I add an exclusion list?
Adding an exclusion list via CSV
- Click on your Name in the upper right corner, then click on settings.
- Look for Exclusions on the left.
- Turn on 'Exclusions are enabled'
- Click on the drop-down and select 'From CSV'
- Drag and drop or search for your CSV File.
- Choose whether you want to exclude Companies or Contacts
- After choosing the type of exclusion list, you will go to a screen where you can map the fields in your CSV to LeadGenius fields.
- For a company exclusion list, the company name and website must be included.
- For a contact exclusion list, the company name, website, first name, last name, and email must be included.
- If you want to exclude both from the same file, you would have to upload it twice and choose the right type of exclusion list.
- Click on Finish to complete your upload, or if you want to choose a different CSV, click on Pick another CSV and start over.
Adding an exclusion list via a CRM Report, Tag, or List
- If your CRM is not connected, simply click on 'set up a CRM integration
- Once that is enabled you will see the option to add a report, tag, or list from the drop-down
- Click on Add List
Note: Simply click on the trash bin icon if you want to stop excluding records from a list